Monday, October 1, 2012

Metric was electric !

"I'm just as fucked up as they say", front woman Emily Haines of Metric opens up the show with their new song "Artificial  Nocturne". The show was epic with the eerie stage set-up as they came out into a smoky haze, with silhouettes outlined by gleaming blue lights.  In addition to the laser light show that was scanning the crowd, while highlighting all the reaching hands. The sound was impeccable thanks to their amazing talent accompanied by a great sound team.

Since Fall has arrived, so has a new crop of concert dates, like  Metric last Saturday night at The Ritz Ybor in Tampa, Florida. I have never seen this Indie Rock band from Toronto, but I have collected many songs from their various albums like: Fantasies, Grow up and blow away, Live it out, and Old World Underground, where are you now? . Metric  just came out with their new self-released album Synthetica making it their fifth studio album.


I would also like to mention the opening act, Half Moon Run who captured the audience as if they were the main event. When they walked onto stage, I had no idea who this three man band from Montreal was, but I quickly started writing songs down to download them later. This night was an amazing experience and I look forward to sharing my next concert!.

No comments:

Post a Comment